Maxxam’s Equine Forensic Drug Analysis Department department is known internationally for its expertise in drug detection, confirmation and research. Each year, the laboratory screens over 55,000 blood and urine samples for prohibited substances, and provides services for
- Forensic drug analysis for horse racing and horse show events
- Veterinary pre-purchase drug analysis
- Method development and validation
- Equine drug elimination studies
- Equine metabolism studies
The forensic drug analysis laboratory uses state-of-the-art technology such as
- Thin-layer chromatography (TLC)
- Gas chromatography (GC)
- High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
- Gas chromatography/ mass spectrometry (GC/ MS) and
- Triple-quad high performance liquid chromatography/ mass spectrometry (HPLC/ MS/ MS).
The department operates under stringent Quality Assurance and Maxxam’s Official Racing Chemists are available to appear in court to provide expert testimony.