Natural Health Products
In 2006, regulatory requirements for NHPs came into effect in Canada. Under the Natural Health Product Directorate, all manufacturers and importers must have a site license to sell or import NHPs into Canada. With the exception of homeopathic medicines, all NHPs are required to have product licenses with either Natural Health Product Numbers (NPNs) on the packaging or be registered with the Natural Health Product directorate to have NPNs pending.
To obtain a product license and NPN, detailed product information must be submitted to Health Canada. Maxxam offers the analyses of pesticides, heavy metals, microbiology and active ingredients (potency) in NHPs, as well as shelf life testing, which will help in determining the safety and efficacy requirements of the product for obtaining product licensing.
Services provided for the Natural Health Products Industry include:
- Shelf life testing
- Supplement Facts Panels
- Identification and assay analysis of active components in dietary supplements and NHPs, vitamins and minerals.
- Label claim analyses of vitamins, minerals, active components in NHPs and Dietary supplements
- Heavy metal analysis
- Mycotoxin analysis
- Pesticide, drug residue and organics analysis
- Dissolution Testing
- Bioaccessibility Testing
Additional services provided are
- Gas testing for packaging evaluation
- Food Nutrition labelling analysis for Canadian and US markets
- Pesticide and veterinary drug residue testing