Maxxam – A Bureau Veritas Group company, introduces a new Fundamentals of Environmental Sampling introductory training program. Developed for junior to intermediate environmental staff, this course provides a refresher on field practices and procedures for representative sample collection.
The program also provides theoretical and hands-on training on key stages in the lifecycle of an analytical project from a field perspective. It includes (1) Project Planning, (2) Sample Collection Procedures and (3) Sample Submission. The content is delivered by mixing classroom-style teaching with outdoors hands-on training, followed by a guided tour of Maxxam’s largest environmental testing laboratory.
Date: May 9, 2018
Location: 6740 Campobello Road, Mississauga, ON L5N 2L8
Participants will receive training on:
- Regulatory requirements and industry best practices for the development of analytical project plans, as well as sample collection techniques
- How to collect representative environmental samples
- Possible impact to data quality
- How to properly collect soil and water matrix samples, including F1/BTEX in soils, VOCs in water, metals in water (dissolved phase) and F2-F4 hydrocarbons in soil
- How to properly fill out a Chain of Custody
- How to properly pack a cooler and submit samples to the laboratory
Why attend this program?
- To build a strong foundation of skills; the content addresses the “how” but also, very importantly”, the “why”
- To receive hands-on training; the theory may be easy to follow but the practical portion in an outdoor environment setting is most effective at delivering the take-home messages
- To absorb condensed material, delivered in a format that makes it easy to remember
- To learn from qualified and experienced instructors in the field of site assessment and remediation
- This is one of the only training programs tailored specifically for environmental field staff
A continental breakfast, refreshments and lunch are included.