Maxxam offers a range of High Production Volume (HPVC) and New Substance Notification (NSN) chemical and toxicology testing using OECD Methods and GLP Guidelines and is the only laboratory in Canada that provides a full range of ecotoxicity, eco-fate and physical/ chemical testing under one roof.
High Production Volume Chemicals (HPVC)
MAXXAM’s comprehensive testing program assists chemical manufacturers in fulfilling United States EPA requirements for participation in the HPV Challenge Program. Testing services include the following:
- Research and review of existing test data for OECD SIDS requirements
- Development of chemical categories in the HPV Challenge Program
- Determination of test requirements for Closed System Intermediates
- Determination of “what to test” regarding test substance purity
- Preparation of Test Plans
- All physical/chemical, ecotoxicological, and eco-fate tests
New Substance Notification (NSN)
MAXXAM works with leading regulatory consultants to provide a comprehensive program for successful notifications. Solutions are cost-effective and often involve the use of test waivers, surrogate data and rapid and economical screening tests while maintaining Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) standards. We offer the full range of physical/ chemical and toxicological tests required under the NSN Regulations of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA).
NSN & HPVC Testing Services
Some or all of the following physical/ chemical, ecotoxicological and eco-fate tests may be required, depending on the Notification Schedule for your substance. All testing is performed to GLP standards using OECD Guidelines.