Additional Drug Testing
The Forensic Equine Drug Testing Department also provides drug-screening services to the food industry, dietary/herbal/nutrition producers and for concerned consumers/users of these products. If you are worried about deliberate or accidental contamination of a product with one or more pharmaceutical preparations, please contact us at FEDT@maxxam.ca.
If you require the analysis of a drug in a particular matrix, contact us at FEDT@maxxam.ca. Analyses can be performed qualitatively or quantitatively. Quantitative analyses may require method development and method validation before test sample analysis. Please contact us for a quote.
The laboratory offers the following adjunct drug testing services to our clients:
- Detection and identification of single or multiple drugs in a variety of matrices: pills, liquids, animal feed, food, nutraceutical or herbal supplements, oils, milk or cream.
- Drug potency and purity (semi-quantitative or quantitative analysis)
- Targeted screening (for example, anabolic steroids, NSAIDs, Bronchodilators)
- Drug paraphernalia (needles, syringes, vials, etc.)
- Swab testing for amphetamines and opiates – kits are available upon request.
- Drug screening in livestock or pets
Pharmaceuticals in Water & Waste Water
Additional testing provided is the analysis of pharmaceuticals in water and waste water, on a client basis. These methods are validated to ISO 17025 standards.